Squeezing in painting time is often a challenge no matter how much you want to do it, and lengthy projects often fall by the wayside this time of year. I know – happens to me too! So here are some quickies that you can do in just a few minutes, with the minimum of materials and hardly any preparation. Ideal to do with kids too!
There’s not much doubt that gold and silver paint looks more striking on black or dark paper. But we don’t always have that on hand. For this project I painted a very dark background and then painted my design on top. It’s a really quick last-minute idea for cards any time of year, but especially Christmastide!
- Ready-made cards and envelopes (mine were by Etchr but Strathmore are fine)
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi paints (I used Forest Green and Indigo)
- Large round brush (I used a size 14 Drawell 11-2)
- Small round brush (I used a size 8 Drawell 11-2)
- Silver and/or Gold paint (I used the Etchr Pearlescent Golden set)